Committed to making a difference
Audley Group is committed to continued innovation and drive towards increased corporate social responsibility (CSR) and as such has implemented a framework for sustainability in the areas of environment, social impact and governance (ESG).
This framework is underpinned by the following pillars: commitment to employees, commitment for a sustainable society, management of our environmental impact, ethics and governance.
In 2020 Audley Group made significant progress towards improvements within these areas and set further goals for the future.
1. Commitment to employees
- Audley invested in fully trained mental health champions across the business
- Established a Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DE&I) Committee
- Audley Academy saw a c.50% increase in enrolments in training and career development programmes.
2. Commitment for a sustainable society
- Audley carers provided essential services in the form of almost 350,000 home visits to local community care customers, ranging from companionship to end of life care
- Village teams shared supplies of PPE with local care homes and advertised local independent businesses through our newsletters and the Audley Village app
- We launched the Audley Foundation to create a strategic framework for the Group’s fundraising activities.
3. Management of our environmental impact
- In 2020, we committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2030 and to be net zero carbon by 2040
- The first phase focuses on eliminating operational carbon from Audley’s own purchased electricity and gas by 2030
- The second phase will include our owners’ energy consumption and embodied carbon across our developments.
4. Ethics and governance
- We recognise that we have a responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking throughout our entire business. We are absolutely committed to preventing them in our business activities and our supply chains. Our full statement can be read here.
- Audley Group has a clear whistleblowing policy to encourage our team members to raise any concerns. The full policy can be read here.
Audley Group awarded 4 stars in 2020 GRESB report
Not only do we have an interest in, and responsibility for, environmental sustainability in the construction and management of our villages, but our vision to be truly life enhancing is embedded in every aspect of our approach towards customers, team members and communities around our villages.
Recent progress has resulted in a significant increase in our GRESB score. GRESB, the global environmental, social and governance (ESG) benchmark for real assets, released the results for the latest GRESB Real Estate Assessment in November 2020 and we are delighted to report an 35% increase improvement in Audley Group’s GRESB score (from 57 to 77). We have been awarded 4 out of 5 stars in recognition of our maturing approach to ESG and our strong focus on improving performance.